1. In one sentence, explain Adler’s main idea in “How to Mark A Book”?
2. What is the most useful information you found in Adler’s argument?
3. In Thurber’s “Unicorn in the Garden” What is the author’s purpose?
4. Name three types of figurative language that the author uses to tell the “Unicorn in the Garden” story?
5. What is Tan’s purpose in writing the narrative “Fish Cheeks”?
6. Why did Tan begin the story by talking about the crush she had on the minister’s son?
7 . In Chopin’s “The Story of An Hour” What is the irony in this story?
8. The end of the story in “The Story of An Hour” mentions the “joy that kills” What do you think this means?
9. Glass et al, “Heavy in School, Burdened for Life” is a research article containing facts and opinion, so do you think the data used to support the argument is empirical, based on observation, or is it based on theory? Explain
10. What biases do you think exist in “Heavy in School, Burdened for Life”?
11. What is the meaning of “Redshirting”?
12. You are a parent of a child who is ready to go to Kindergarten, explain your feelings about sending your child to school now that you have read the article Redshirting.
The post What is the most useful information you found in Adler’s argument?Discuss appeared first on Essay Quoll.