Two of the ANA Code of Ethics guiding principles are:
1. The nurse promotes, advocates for and protects the rights, health and safety of the patient.
2. The nurse in all roles and settings advances the profession through research and scholarly inquiry, professional standards development and generation of both nursing and health policy.
In this forum you will consider a commentary by Diana J. Mason, RN, PhD, FAAN. Dr. Mason is the editor in chief of the American Journal of Nursing. She often writes on the topic of health policy and politics.
This activity aligns with the following course objectives:
1. Perform competently and ethically to promote, maintain and restore health in communities, regions and populations.
a. Discuss advocacy consistent with “Code for Nurses” to achieve a healthy community.
2. Integrate an understanding of health care policies, including financial and regulatory, into professional nursing practice.
a. Identify ethical concerns related to selected course topics.
b. Evaluate knowledge of health care policies that affect families and groups.
The time estimated to complete this activity is 180 minutes.
· Read the commentary by Mason in the provided article.
· What is one “ah ha moment” that you had from reading this article – this can be something you agree or disagree with?
· Why was it an “ah ha moment”?
· How does this influence you personally when providing care for families?
· What can you commit to in regard to advocacy?
· Support your thinking from your course readings or other sources. Remember to use APA format.
· Your response should be 5 well thought out paragraphs (see rubric in forum folder)
· Your response to your colleagues should be 3 to 4 paragraphs. Your comments should add to the discussion / thinking in this forum.
The post What is one “ah ha moment” that you had from reading this article – this can be something you agree or disagree with? appeared first on Essay Hotline.