Analyze a Famous Experiment and Propose Your Own:
In this assignment, you will read about a famous historical psychological experiment. Below is a list of some of the most commonly researched and applied experiments.
In the first page of this 3-4 paged paper, you will discuss (1) pros of experiment, (2) cons of experiment, (3) possible risks and harm of the experiment, (4) benefits for society, and (5) possible confounds of the experiment.
In the second and third pages, you will write a short proposal of an experiment you would like to implement. It needs to be psychologically related and it cannot involve hurting or harming prospective participants. Within the proposal, you will address:
(1) What is your target population?
(2) How many participants are you aiming for?
(3) What is the makeup of your participants?
(4) What are your hypotheses being tested in this experiment?
(4) What are the benefits of your experiment?
(5) What contributions to psychological research may your experiment make?
(6) What are potential confounding factors in your experiment and how will you control for them? Lastly, be sure to identify your experiment groups (experimental vs. control). Also, be prepared to share a very brief description of your experiment to the class.
Examples of Famous Experiments:
Milgrim’s Obedience Experiment
Stanford’s Prison Experiment
Pavlov’s Conditioning Experiment(s)
Bandura’s Social Learning (Bobo doll) Experiment
Little Albert Experiment
Martin Seligman’s Learned Helplessness Experiment
Solomon Asch’s Conformity Experiment
Hawthorne Effect and Experimentation
The post What are potential confounding factors in your experiment and how will you control for them?Discuss appeared first on Essay Quoll.