Task 1 of 3 – Business presentation (AC1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 2.1, 2.2 & 2.3)
Individually prepare and deliver a presentation discussing the strategic plans of an organisation of your choice, and proposing strategic options. Your presentation is to be made to the board of directors and you should:
- Introduce your selected organization, analyze its position in its market and the effects of existing plans
- Critically discuss the relationship between, corporate, business and operational strategies
- Apply strategic models and tools to develop strategic options for the organisation
- Evaluate the strategic options you’ve developed
Task 2 of 3 – Essay (AC3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 4.1, 5.1. 5.2 & 5.3)
Following your presentation, you should now prepare a new strategic plan:
- Perform a force field analysis for your selected organisation
- Create a (new) vision and mission for the organisation as well as accompanying business objectives
- Identify the change agents and propose a suitable structure for the implementation of the plan
- Create a resourced implementation plan for the strategy, with a justified timeline for implementation
- Create design key success indicators.
- Describe the potential risks during the implementation
Task 3 of 3 – Reflective Essay (AC3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 4.1, 5.1. 5.2 & 5.3)
Reflect on the usefulness of change models such as Lewin, McKinsey 7s and Kotter for the organisation. You should also explain how you could be a change agent and the leadership skills you would need to display in order to make changes successful.