The following is the required format:
You must write in the 1st person, not the 3rd person.
You must use APA format with a cover page, abstract, and conclusion.
5 pages minimum, which means 5 full pages top to bottom.
• The cover page, abstract, and work cited page do not count as part of the 5 pages.
After becoming informed on the various facets of the Latin American, I want you to answer the following:
• What was the role of “el barrio” for Puerto Ricans living in New York City?
• Given the number of Puerto Ricans in New York over many generations, some use the term “Nuyorican” or
“Boriqua” or “Boriken” or “Borinquento” to describe this particular identity and experience. How did these
terms come about? What is their significance to the Purto Rican experience? Do they unite or divide?
• Puerto Ricans voted to become the 51st U.S. state — again, what would persuade mainland Americans to
support their bid, and what does that mean for the 50 states and Puerto Rico?
• What is the state of Cubans today in the United States?
• Many Dominican flee to the United States, the land of their oppressors’ support; what effect do you think this
had on the Dominican people at that time?
• What were the educational prospects for Mexican American students, and has it changed?
• What personal anecdotes do students like Paula Crisostomo and Carlos Muñoz share to describe how the
school system perceived them and their potential?
• According to Moctesuma Esparza, what term did students adopt to reference their identity and why?
• What is the current state of Mexican Americans?
• What is the state of the Chicana/Chicano identity?
• What is going on with Mexican American and Chicana/Chicano Studies?
• Why did the Raza Unida Party fail, and why do we fail to unify still?
• Why do we not see more artistic representation in the media of the Mexican American or Chicana/Chicano
other than crime or hypersexualization?
• Who were some of the key players in the effort to organize farmworkers?
• Why are Dolores Huerta’s narrative and prominence not as loud as that of Chavez?
• Have Cubans ever overcome the view of media portrayal?
• What effects has American policy had on Central America over the years, and how has it impacted those here?
• Who would you say is responsible for the merger of Spanish and English music fans, more Gloria Estefan or
• What became of the Mexican American, Chicana/Chicano, Hispanic, and Latin movement? Where does it
stand, and does it have significance today?