• The Little School by Alicia Partnoy
• Readings and materials Module VII
State sponsored violence and its effects in Latin America
• Type in Word, 12 pt. font, in MLA format –heading, page numbers, 1″ margins.
Follow MLA guidelines through this link
http://newpaltz.libguides.com/content.php?pid=318836&sid=2608982 or OWL Purdue Writing and MLA Resources
http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/747/01/. Please follow appropriate guidelines for in-text citations.
• Support your answers, citing and crediting your sources.
No outside sources are allowed, except for those included in Module VII.
• Upload completed Short Essay to link in Module VII, Short Essay folder
IV. Length: 3-4 pp max.
Respond in essay form and include information on the following points:
• Why was Partnoy disappeared?
• What other perspective does she bring to the corpus of texts and information regarding the Argentinian dirty war?
• Identify examples of moments of violence in the text? Types of violence?
• Identify Partnoy’s strategies to defy/distract/deter her captors/torturers
• Identify moments that offset the violence of the text: moments of tenderness, compassion, etc. Why are they necessary or even possible in Partnoy’s circumstances?
• What does the missing/desaparecidos add to what historians, political scientists, writers, etc. discuss about Operation Condor and the Dirty War? Is disappearing people a necessary action, especially in wars against the citizen themselves?
• In your opinion, why does Partnoy tell her story, and why does she tell it this way? What is your opinion about her experience, Operation Condor and the lasting effects of the violence?
Sources will be attatched below:
The post In your opinion, why does Partnoy tell her story, and why does she tell it this way? What is your opinion about her experience, Operation Condor and the lasting effects of the violence? appeared first on Essay Quoll.