Human Resources Interviews
This assignment is developed to help create an understanding of the views about the Human Resource function. The companies you work with need to be identified along with the Human Resource Manager’s name that you spoke with in the Manager’s interview. You will turn in three sections to this assignment: Q/A responses to the student interview section, Q/A responses to the HR Manager interview section and the paragraph summary of what you learned by doing this assignment. This assignment should be typed and turned in on Web Canvas by the due date and time.
Section 1: Student Interview: complete the following questions based on your experiences with Human Resource Management. If you have not worked in a company that has a human resources department then interview an individual employee who has worked in a company with an HR department. This could be a friend or family member. This section must be completed in a Q/A format.
1. What is the structure or set up of the Human Resources Department in your company?
2. What services do they provide?
3. How do they impact your company’s business?
4. When or how have you used their services?
5. What kind of services would you like to see from the Human Resources Department?
6. How important or effective do you view the Human Resources Department in the overall success of the company?
Section 2: Human Resources Manager Interview: This interview should be with the Human Resources Manager. The interview must be conducted in person or over the phone. Do not do the interview over email. It must be from a company that has a formal Human Resources department. This interviewee must be at a manager level. This cannot be someone who has HR as part of their job but must be a dedicated HR Manager. This section should be done in the question/answer format.
1. What is the structure of your department?
2. Who do you report to in the organization?
3. What services do you and your department provide for the organization?
4. Is your Human Resources function centralized or decentralized in decision-making?
5. What is the greatest challenge you face currently in Human Resources?
6. What is the best part of your job?
7. What is the greatest challenge manager’s face in your company from a Human Resources point of view?
8. What ethical issues have you faced in your job?
9. What changes do you believe need to be made in the Human Resources function over the next few years and why?
The post How important or effective do you view the Human Resources Department in the overall success of the company? appeared first on Accredited Research Writers.