The media family chosen to use is the tv show Full House using the Structural-Functional Theory
As an integral part of the Family Nurse Practitioner program at Rivier University, graduate nursing students are required by national accreditation bodies to become familiar with family theory as it relates to the understanding and well being of the families to whom they will deliver care.
This objective will be met in Nursing 512 Advanced Family Nursing Theory II by each student selecting a family found within a fictionalized medium, such as a novel or movie, and performing a family assessment. This project involves assessment of the selected family using family theory and family assessment tools as well as the student’s own critical thinking and reasoning.
Each student will present a scholarly narrated voice thread presentation on-line or in person presentation, using APA Style. It is expected that the student will review & utilize pertinent relevant literature and current research on topics pertinent to their chosen fictionalized family.
The student will select a relevant family theory to be applied to their observations of their chosen fictionalized family. A minimum of 3 references should be used. Presentations have time LIMIT of 15 minutes.
Include the following topics, each topic can have their own slide:
1. Family History and Genogram.
2. Family Theory. Describe the theory. Why was this theory chosen? How does the theory apply to this family and how does it help the student understand the family: its relationships, functioning, coping? Give specific examples of how this theory is conceptualized in this family.
3. What are your observations of family dynamics and patterns of communication? Who is the formalized leader of the family? Who is the informal leader? Who holds the power in the family? Who is responsible for managing change & who is the manager of the status quo?
4. What are the family joys and concerns, goals and tasks? What do you see as the salient event that changed or challenged this family? Why? How did the family respond to the salient event & what was the outcome?
5. What do you see as the major issues and concerns for this family? Are they or are they not aware of these issues? 6. How would you approach this family regarding these issues if you were caring for this family?
7. What anticipatory guidance might you offer to this family? Is there an ally you would use in offering this information? If so, who is it & why are they an ally?
8. How did this experience influence your understanding of the family as the client? Of this family as context for the health of the individual?
The post How did this experience influence your understanding of the family as the client? Of this family as context for the health of the individual?Explain appeared first on Essay Quoll.