Discuss your initial thoughts concerning the patient. What is the underlying pathophysiology? What additional information or test results do you expect the healthcare provider to need/order? What treatment/management strategies do you expect?
1. Joey, an 18-year male who is otherwise healthy, experiences primary spontaneous pneumothorax.
2. Ross is a 22-year-old male who suffered a rib fracture during football practice and has traumatic pneumothorax.
3. Phoebe is a 15-year-old girl with severe kyphoscoliosis.
4. Richard is a 68-year-old male with coal miner’s pneumoconiosis; he also suffers from left-side heart failure.
5. Idiopathic pulmonary hypertension developed in Monica, who is an otherwise healthy 37- year-old woman.
6. Rachel presents with severe asthma attack; she is later diagnosed with adult respiratory distress syndrome.
The post Discuss your initial thoughts concerning the patient. What is the underlying pathophysiology? appeared first on Essay Quoll.