Assessment Task 1: Written Response Task
Part A: The evolution of HRM
Short answer responses (min. 1,000 words)
Read the ‘Evolution of HRM in Australia’ section of Topic 1 in your workbook
(including the required Nankervis et al. 2020, pp. 7-12 reading) summarising the
the stages in the evolution of human resource management in Australia.
In your response you should:
• Describe the four main stages of HR evolution
• Explain the impact of the rise of the Labor government on social reform
• Outline the five major influences of effective employee management according to Erlich (1997)
• Explain how HRM in Australia has evolved compared to HRM in the USA
Part B: Strategic HRM
Extended answer response (min. 1,500 words)
Conduct research and provide a written response addressing the following:
• Discuss why strategic human resource management is important for organisational success
• Provide and describe two examples of good practice strategic HRM in an Australian organisation and explain why these examples constitute good practice.
The post Discuss why strategic human resource management is important for organisational success appeared first on Essay Quoll.