Justification, explanation, discussion, reasoning, and examples all combine to create a synthesis of intellect and opinion. Tailored as a take-home midterm exam, you have one week (7 days) within which to complete and submit your work.
The following hypothetical scenario sets the stage:
You represent a well-established branded international hotel company with corporate headquarters in the U.S.A. After careful consideration, you have narrowed possible choices for your next venture down to two possible locations – each with its own set of challenges and rewards — you must now choose one of the following two cities within which to build your new hotel – a 500-room, full service, luxury, city-center hotel and strategically justify your choice according to the trend criteria set forth below. Here
are the locations:
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
The hotel will have the following attributes:
- Two full-service branded Haute Cuisine restaurants
- Multiple bar locations – lobby, restaurant, pool
- Full executive committee with full staff commensurate with a property of this type.
- Full amenities including fitness center, pool, game room, etc.
- Meeting space for conferences and meetings consistent with property of this size.
- Complimentary airport shuttle service.
- There will be NO SPA (this is not a resort or boutique property).
This exercise requires critical thinking, – thinking outside of the box and coloring outside of the lines will serve you well – specifically, application and mastery of all five of the IBCT Commitments1 is required and essential.
The post Choose one of the following two cities within which to build your new hotel – a 500-room, full service, luxury, city-center hotel and strategically justify your choice according to the trend criteria set forth below. appeared first on Essay Lane.