In this project, you’ll answer seven questions about artists from ten of the art movements you studied throughout your course. You must select one artist from each of the following movements to research:
Artists from ten of the art movements you studied
Firstly, for this project, you’ll answer seven questions about artists from ten of the art movements you studied throughout your course. You must select one artist from each of the following movements to research: 1. Neoclassicism: Angelica Kauffman 2. Romanticism: Henry Fuseli 3. Impressionism: Mary Cassatt 4. Post-Impressionism: Emile? Bernard 5. Expressionism and Fauvism: Andre? Derain 6. Cubism and Futurism: Sonia Delaunay 7. Dada and Surrealism: Hannah Ho?ch 8. Abstract Expressionism and Pop Art: James Rosenquist 9. Minimalism and Post-Minimalism: James Turrell 10. Postmodernism and Deconstructivism: David Salle.
Secondly, once you’ve selected the 10 artists you would like to focus on, you’ll need to research answers to the following seven questions or question groups:
- What’s the year of the artist’s birth (and, where applicable, death)?
- Where was the artist born? Also, where did he or she create the majority of his or her work (if at a different location than this place of birth)?
- What medium did the artist use? Did he or she use more than one main medium?
- Which art movement did the artist contribute to? If he or she contributed to more than one movement, where did this artist make the greatest impact?
- What are some of the artist’s most famous works of art? Then, choose one of these works. In what ways is the piece characteristic of the movement specified above? (Include an image of the chosen piece.)
- What challenges, if any, did the artist face that may have affected his or her work? Additionally, what was happening in the world at that time that influenced the artist’s work?
- What’s innovative about the artist’s work for that time period?
Then, you’ll then write an essay of 1,000 to 1,200 words that includes an introduction, one paragraph about each artist, and a conclusion. In addition, answer each question using complete sentences. Answer the questions in essay format; do not answer them in list format. You’ll need to find at least one source for each artist from the Internet, a library, or elsewhere. Additionally, be sure to use reputable sources when searching for information on your selected artists.
Lastly, your essay should be approximately 1,000 to 1,200 words. Double-spaced, with 1″ margins and 12-point Times New Roman font.
Click Here To Download
The post Artists from ten of the art movements you studied appeared first on AssignmentHub.