Your literary analysis essay will be on the novel Sula by Toni Morrison. You can choose from any of the topics listed below (recommended) or explore further topics in the chapter on Sula, pp. X to Y in the book How to Write about Toni Morrison (linked here for your convenience).
Your literary analysis should be 5 pages, not including the Works Cited page, and should be double spaced in Times New Roman 12- point font and must include:
• A clearly articulated thesis that states, somewhere in your introduction, the assertion (position, interpretation) that your paper will prove
• An introduction, a minimum of 3 body paragraphs, and a conclusion
• At least two quotes from the novel itself that are integrated into your discussion
• At least two citations of outside sources (such as literary criticism on the novel, preferably from articles from the MDC databases)
• Topic sentences that focus the discussion in the body paragraphs
• Examples, details, explanations in the body paragraphs that clearly support your thesis
• Clear connections between ideas from paragraph to paragraph and within paragraphs
• Proper MLA style format in the heading, in the in-text citations, and in the Works Cited page (see the template for the heading and margins in this lesson).
Remember that MLA formatting guidelines apply to the entire document, not just how you interact with sources.
• Works Cited page includes articles from two sources and from the novel for a minimum of three total listed sources
• Standard usage, grammar, and mechanics
TOPIC: Analyze the ending of the novel. What are the “circles of sorrow” that Nel experiences? Is the ending pessimistic, optimistic, or something else altogether?
The post Analyze the ending of the novel. What are the “circles of sorrow” that Nel experiences? Is the ending pessimistic, optimistic, or something else altogether?Discuss appeared first on Essay Quoll.